So – how can you narrow down that search? Consider taking these steps:
- Get some recommendations from friends or your doctor (if you’re comfortable doing that).
- Google therapists in the area you need and with your specialty preference.
- Step back and take a few deep breaths – you will find a therapist!
- Start anywhere – with the recommendations or on the search results.
- Trust your instinct: Identify the first five therapists who seem “right” to you.
- Use your phone – not email – to connect with each therapist.
- And then – trust your instincts! Make an appointment with the first therapist with whom you feel a bond.
And – before you start calling, take a look at the post just before this one. Especially pay attention to the link in the last paragraph. Then pick up the phone and make that first call! You might get me directly, but if not, please leave a message at any time and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible: 310-475-1759.